Lilly is finally free of all sickness! She is breathing normally, not coughing, and does not have a runny nose! After dealing with this for over a month it feels weird not to have to suction her nose every time I lay her on the changing table. She had to stay home from Autumn's all week last week and it seems like she has grown so much in that time. I didn't have a sitter for some of the afternoons so I got to come home and stay with her. We worked on all kinds of tricks and now her bag is full of em! She rolls from tummy to back like a champion. She sits up by herself (with the boppy around her) and plays with her toys. She is almost out of her 0-3 month clothes and we are on our last pack of size 2 diapers. Pretty much she is almost grown.... okay not really, but she does seem like she is growing faster and faster! Last night she had her first ever experience with a spoon. She did not like this at all. I'm not sure if it was the diluted rice cereal she didn't like, or the spoon idea itself, but either way she wasn't having it. We stopped after snapping a few pics and fed her with her bottle. She is going to be 6 months on the 18th and we are going for a well baby visit so I'm going to ask the doctor about the whole solid foods thing then. Until then, I think we will stick to the bottle.
I got a few really great pictures of her this week. Beth played dress up with her and she looked adorable! Also I'm putting some pictures of the beautiful tulip tree in our front yard that has bloomed and one of the buttercup flowers in our flower beds. (I thought they were weeds since there isn't much planted in the way of flowers in our beds, but Beth informed me that they are a bulb flower. Also, I'm unsure that buttercup flower is the technical name, I'm sure Beth told me the actual name, I just forgot.) There are also a couple of Lilly, Tyler, and John from Saturday when she stayed with Emily and John's mom in the afternoon. (She stayed with Katie P Saturday morning... all because of some stupid pizza from Newk's that decided it wanted to infect my body with poisoned food. I'm very grateful for all of them for the help. I had no chance of being able to be a mommy while battling said poisoned pizza!)
No comments:
Post a Comment