Friday, February 12, 2010
Snow Baby!
As everyone around here knows, IT'S SNOWING! And not like a tiny bit where you get excited if you see a few flurries on the ground... I mean the kind you can play in! So I did! When I got up at 6:30 this morning and went into the kitchen to fix Lilly's bottle, a huge smile came across my face when my view out of the kitchen windows was snow covered trees and fences. I fed her and put her in front of the tv so I could take some pictures. I took pictures of every angle I could think of. Then, I built a mini snowman. I have never even attempted to build one before and honestly, it ain't easy! So I did the best I could in a short amount of time. I think I did a pretty great job if I do say so myself! John is in Dallas for a celebrity pool tournament thing so I didn't have help. [I almost cried bc he wasn't here to play in the snow with me :( ] Anyways, I wanted to take Lilly outside, but I was afraid she might get too cold. I talked to Katie P and she said that she would do it, even if it was just to snap a photo or 2, so I felt better and decided to go for it. I put a thick blanket on the ground and put Lil in her flannel pjs, 2 sets of mittens, and a hat and outside we went. It was so bright that she was squinting the whole time! (By whole time I mean the 3 mintues we were out there, ha!) I laid her down, but she didn't like that since the snow was falling in her face, so I sat her up with my hand behind her back and took some close ups. Her nose was a little runny, but the pictures turned out pretty good. I wish I would have taken a few of her with the snowman, but I was trying to hurry and didn't think about it at the time. After she went down for a nap I went back outside and snapped a few more pictures. The neighbors were having a snowball fight and their dogs were running around like crazy, it was a scene right out of a movie! I got a picture of 2 of my neighbor's snowmen also. One of them is seriously like 4 feet tall! Our power went out shortly after we got up so we packed up and headed to Katie P's. She took a few more pictures of us in the snow and then we just hung out inside the rest of the day. I'm also including a few pictures of Lil at Audrey's birthday party. She stayed awake for about 15 minutes and then slept for 2.5 hours and missed the whole party. Oh well, it was a nice break for me! Oh, and I have been trying to load a video of Lilly laughing, but for some reason it won't load it.









Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment