Sunday, August 22, 2010

The first of many.

We have been pretty fortunate over here, to have not had any major injuries. And not many minor ones either. Lilly hasn't rolled off the bed or couch, hasn't been dropped, and hasn't had any major falls. She did hit her head at daycare, but it didn't even leave a bruise. Yesterday, however, changed that pattern. Since Lilly was about 2 weeks old we have housed or coffee table in the dining room or in our room. It gives her much needed room in the living room to play and, since she has started pulling up on everything, it makes it safer. As I said in a previous post, I hosted a Scentsy party in my house yesterday. It required the coffee table to be brought back into the living room to set stuff on. Everything was fine for most of the day. Lilly pulled up on the table and took everything off that she could reach, one by one. No biggie. Towards the very end of the party, when it was just me, Beth, Anna, and Anna's mom, Lilly tried to pull up on the table again. This time she tried to push up with her foot that was on a toy snail with wheels, her foot came out from underneath her and bam! Face into table!! She started screaming like I have never heard her scream before. I picked her up and tried to see where she hit. Anna's mom saw it first. It was her eye. It was puffed up and had a small blue circle on the lid. I was terrified that she had damaged her actual eye ball, but turns out that she didn't. Thankfully Beth, our resident nurse, was here. We got Lilly's ouchie pouch and tired to put it on her eye. She was not having it! After about 10 minutes of trying we gave up. She recovered from the shock and was fine the rest of the evening. This morning she woke up with a black eye and was fussier than usual. We gave her Tylenol and she seems back to normal now. I did manage to get a good picture of her eye.


1 comment: