Thursday, September 16, 2010

Pictureless Thursday

Sorry that I don't have any new pictures to post. And double sorry that I haven't update in what seems like a month.

These last few weeks have flown by and we are quickly approaching Lilly's birthday! I started planning her party a long time ago, but I was going to do finishing touches last weekend. That did not happen on account of one of our kids escaping from jail... don't worry, he was caught yesterday. Since I, and the rest of our office, have been on a man hunt since Friday, I haven't had a chance to finish getting ready for the party. So I took off today and tomorrow, which still doesn't feel like enough time, so I can clean, shop, cook, and just overall get ready! Me and John sat down last night to write out the list of people we are pretty sure will be coming to the party so we would know how much food to purchase. Why didn't we already have a good idea on the number already you ask? Because after I wrote out an invite list and had John look at it and add whomever he wanted, we figured out that we left out a lot of people. So I order some more invitations and we sent those out. Also John invited some people verbally. All of this added up to the fact that we had no clue how many people were going to be here. So after listing out everyone it came to a total of almost 30 adults and 20 kids!!!!! WHAT? Our house is not that big and we only have one bathroom! A porta-potty may have to be rented! Okay, not really... But seriously, we had no idea that we had invited that many people. (If you are reading this please do not be scared off and not come, we will make it work I promise!) Today my goals are... pick up and straighten the house, buy the remaining party supplies, clean out the fridge so that food will fit, buy the food. Tomorrow my goals are... deep clean the house, buy lawn chairs, get activities to entertain the kids that are not bouncing in the bounce house, child proof the house better. I feel like this list is very do-able, especially since Beth will be helping me today! I will try to post another update before the party, but if not, I will have lots of pictures to post from the big event!

No comments:

Post a Comment