Sunday, January 16, 2011

Christmas 2010

It has been a WHILE since my last post. But it seems like I haven't had any energy at all to get on here and upload pictures and write something. But it is a nasty rainy day, Lilly is sleeping, and John is laying on the couch...that all makes for a perfect blogging day!
First let's start with Christmas 2010! This year was so much fun since Lilly kinda understood what was going on. She figured out how to open presents and played with the wrapping more than the toys I think! We started off Christmas day at our house. We did stockings and opened gifts. Then we spent packed up and headed to John's parent's house. We opened gifts there as well, then laid around and relaxed. We went home a little earlier than normal so we could pack and get ready for our trip to Liberty Hill! My dad's house was about 5 1/2 hours away. We stopped 2 times and Lilly did very well. She had a few crying fits, but overall did much better than I expected. We got there just about the same time that my sister, Kim, and her boyfriend, Darren arrived with my super cute niece, Gracie! I was so excited for Lilly to meet Gracie and to watch them play. They were very sweet to each other and played really well together. Gracie kept calling Lilly "Luly" and referring to her as "my sister!" Precious! Lilly was a little bit freaked out by all of the animals that surrounded her! Kim had her 2 dogs, my grandmother had her dog, and my dad and Dixie had their 2 cats. Plus all of the horses outside! By the end she loved Tommy the cat and wanted to pet and love him every time he was around. She would never touch the horses, but did finally touch one of the dogs. She did well sleeping somewhere that wasn't her home, which was something I was worried about. She was loved on and hugged on every day! When it was time to leave she did not want to get in the car! On the trip back we stopped at an outlet mall and shopped a little. Then ate at a nice bakery, Collin Street Bakery, in Waco. Our last stop was in Tyler before we rolled back into the Port City. The trip back also included 2 blowouts, 2 pants changes, and 1 shirt change. Much more eventful than the trip down. All in all it was a great trip and hopefully we will be able to go again soon. Here are just a few of the 200 or so pictures that were taken during Christmas. I don't have to drive to describe each one, plus I'm sure you can figure it out, LOL!
















2 comments:

  1. How cute is that little Gracie?! Love that picture of her smiling with her little teeth. Sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right! She is so precious!

    ReplyDelete