Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Long time, No blog...

I got a dirty email from Dani reminding me that I haven't blogged in quite some time. Okay, it wasn't dirty.... Anyways, I haven't blogged because I haven't taken a whole lot of pictures and I have been so busy at work that when I get home I want to do nothing but lay on the couch and be lazy. I really need a day off, like a full day with no work, no Lilly, and no housework. John doesn't understand this, but he isn't really a take a break kinda guy.

As for Lilly-bug, she is growing and growing and growing! She fits into most of her 6 months clothes and we have replaced the swaddle blanket with a blanket bag since she moves so much and has a habit of wrapping her blanket around her head. I have had to move the jump-a-roo up to the next height setting too. We also finally took the sling out of her bath tub so she just sits up in it like a big girl, well she likes to sit sideways on the seat! Speaking of sitting, she is basically doing it on her own. We make sure to keep a pillow near or sit by her since she gets distracted and falls over, but she can sit for a long time without falling. She is starting to try to hold her own bottle, and has done it successfully a few times. She tends to just pull it down or just chew on the nipple, but hopefully she will get it soon. As for eating real food, this is going great! We started on green beans a week and a half ago and have moved onto peas. She was not into the green beans when we first gave them to her, but she eventually started eating it with no fuss. She never really liked them straight, we always mixed in a lot of rice cereal, but peas... man she loves some peas! Loved them from the start! She will eat them straight, but we still mix some cereal in. Next up... carrots! We have been feeding her in her walker since she isn't quite big enough for the high chair and she is starting to walk forwards in it. She basically just stands up, leans forward, and pushes. It really is funny to watch! Tonight she took the spoon out of my hand while I was feeding her and put it in her mouth. I put a little bit of peas on the spoon and she did it again. She is far from feeding herself, but she seemed very proud that she could make it into her mouth! Her personality is also starting to really come out. She will cry when you take things away from her, like her rubber ducky during bath time, and she can let you know when she wants something. She has her eye out for the remote and my phone mostly. These are her current favorite things to play with, I mean chew on! She is also a lot more verbal. She shrieks and talks and babbles. It is so cute! It is easy to make her laugh and smile and she just seems so happy all the time. Well, unless she is hungry or sleepy, and then she is a beast!

The last big change that is happening around here is that Lilly's babysitter, Autumn, has decided that she is not keeping kids this summer. She has twin 3 year old boys that she is trying to potty train and a 7 year old girl that she wants to be able to take places without worrying about the other babies. I totally understand how overwhelming that would have been and I think I would have made the same decision! So when I found this out I called Kid's Campus, where a friend's kids go, and they put her on the wait list. Lucky for us, an opening came up just one week later, so Lilly will start on Monday. Tomorrow me and John are going to fill out the paperwork and meet everyone and check the place out. I have never been there, I just trusted my friend's opinion that it was great, so hopefully it is! It will be a big change in the morning since I will have to get up earlier and leave earlier. I may have to wake Lilly up earlier too, we will just have to see.

Finally, we got 6 month pictures taken of her and they should be done in a few days. I am so excited to see them!!! As for now, here are a few pictures taken over the past few weeks. Dani took the ones of her in the swing and in her bed, John's mom took the ones of her in the flowers, the one with the Easter Bunny was at the mall, and I took the rest. (Easter was pretty uneventful since we didn't do an egg hunt nor did I get her an Easter basket, because she is 7 months, so I didn't include anything about it in the blog.)












1 comment:

  1. Super cute! The tub picture is adorable! I think you embarrassed her. She looks like she should have a conversation bubble: "No mom! No tub pictures! Don't put those on the internet!" Thanks for posting. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete