Sunday, April 25, 2010

Are tubes in our future?

Yesterday Lilly had crazy allergy eyes and a snotty nose. I called the doctor and he said to give her Zyrtec. I gave it to her last night and this morning she woke up screaming at 5am. John went to get her, suctioned her nose, and then realized that she couldn't open her left eye. It was sealed shut with mucus. He cleaned her up and laid on the couch with her. She fell back to sleep until 7. He came and got me up and I fed her. We decided that she needed to go to the doctor. I also wanted to ask them about a spot on her face that is dry and flaky. So we got there at 9, the first ones, and got back to the room at 9:45. (They don't really open until 10, when we came out the waiting area a little after 10 it was nearly full.) The doctor checked her out and told us that she had a double ear infections. Perfect. He looked at her cheek. A spot of eczema. Great. He said that it might flare up from time to time, but that she should grow out of it. We got her script for antibiotics and headed home. She is also constipated because I started her yesterday on oatmeal in the morning and he said the antibiotics should help her get things moving. I have also successfully transitioned her into a 4 hour feeding schedule, I think. We will start fruit in the mornings with her oatmeal in 4 days. Why 4 days? Because she starts her last veggie today and I have been giving them to her for 4 days before I start a new one. So, in 4 days, she will have bananas. Then we will do apples. I got some oatmeal that has both apples and bananas already in it, so that's why we are doing those first. Then onto pears, peaches, and prunes. I think that is all for now. Sorry this post contains such choppy sentences. That is how my brain is working right now.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry Lil is sick, but glad y'all are on top of it. Josie had 6 ear infections in five months and got tubes at 13 months--best thing we've ever done. She is 3 and hasn't had a single ear infection since. So, don't scared if that needs to happen.

    ReplyDelete