Friday, May 7, 2010
Mother's Day gift to myself!
So I decided to give myself a perfect Mother's Day gift.... a day off! I decided at the beginning of the week that I was finally caught up enough at work that I could take a day off and not be overwhelmed with thinking about how much I still needed to do. So I picked Friday. On Tuesday night Lilly started running a fever and we ended up having to take her to the doctor the next morning. I thought for sure that my day off would be taken, but she stayed home Wednesday and Thursday and was well enough to go to daycare today. So I got up at my normal time and got her fed and ready and headed to the daycare. I dropped her off, got back into my car, and realized that I had no plans for the next 9 hours. When I got home I thought about doing a little house work or laundry, or even going to get a pedicure, but got on the couch instead. I never really left after that. I watched a few DVRed shows and then started reading a borrowed book. After John came home for a few minutes at lunch I turned off the tv, which had been on while I was reading, a bad habit of mine, and I continued to read. I got in the bed around 1:30 to try to take a nap and failed miserably. I got back on the couch and continued to read until I got up to come do these blogs. I haven't been able to just sit and read all day in a long time. It was so nice. I'm sad that it is almost over, but at the same time I'm excited to go get Lilly and hang out with her. I added a few random pictures from the past few weeks. Lilly sucking her toes, Lilly and Daddy taking a nap, Lilly playing, us at Tory's first communion, Lilly and Daddy again, and a picture of Lilly's new jellies!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Those jellies are hilarious! I love em!!
ReplyDelete