I took another Mommy Day! Yes, I'm off today and Lilly is at daycare. Work has been super busy and Lilly has become a bit stubborn, which have both lead to me being tired and frustrated, so John said that he thought a day off would be a good idea. I know that this is just a phase that babies go through, but changing Lilly's diaper these days has become a battle, same with getting clothes on her. I swear I think she wants to be a nudist. She screams and yells and rolls over and kicks and does whatever she can to keep me from getting the diaper and clothing on her body. And my goodness, the high pitched screaming. It will make your ears feel like they are bleeding! Other than those two aspects of my child's personality, she is a pretty great kid! She is still sleeping through the night with no problems and she is so sweet with her hugs and smiles. She is usually good when we go out shopping or out to eat, the screams are kept to a minimum. She will be 10 months on Sunday and I just can't believe that her birthday is just around the corner. She has started pulling up on everything and I caught her standing up in her crib Wednesday morning! Also I think she is really trying to say more words, though they all come out sounding like some version of da da. She will high five you and she is working on waving bye. She is a pro at feeding herself her snacks, but also at picking up things off the floor and trying to eat them! I have been trying to expand her food choices by giving her more table food. So far she is a big fan of bananas and avocados. I'm really scared to feed her things since she only has 2 teeth, but I would like to have more options for her. Baby food is kinda limited. Enough food talk, these 4 pictures are taken in the front yard. I have been trying to take her out a few times a week to just hang outside. She really does not know what to think of the grass, but I think she had a good time. The second picture is of her goofy nerd smile face that she has started to give us lately. John says she looks like she should have braces, glasses, and a pocket protector! The last picture is obviously of her in her crib. I was shocked when I walked in and saw her standing since she hadn't done it before. I really didn't think she would since she sleeps in a sleep sack, but she figured it out. (I lowered her crib as low as it would go that night!) The picture at the top of the post is my very favorite picture I have ever taken of her! She was hanging out in the bathroom while I was getting ready and man, was she looking cute in that outfit! I couldn't believe she sat still enough with that huge smile for my to get a picture with my phone.
No comments:
Post a Comment