Monday, July 19, 2010

Really? It's not an ear infection??

For those of you who follow Lilly's blog, or at least her life, you will know that she has been the poor victim of 5 ear infections since she was born. You know, only 10 months ago. So when I got a call from daycare that said Lilly was sick and I needed to pick her up I just knew that we were facing the 6th. Turns out I was wrong. It is a bacterial infection of some sort and her ear look perfect. Huh, who woulda thunk? Anyways, this all started last night. She felt a little warm to me so I took her temp. 100.7, not bad. I gave her Tylenol and this morning all was well. I got a call at 10:30 saying that Lilly had a fever of 101, yikes! I called the doctor's office and the nurse told me to bring her in at 2. I picked her up and brought her home and she took a nap from 11:30 to 1:15, which is much longer than she usually sleeps. When I went to get her out of bed I noticed that she was much hotter than she was before so I took her temp, it was 102.2, double yikes! So I packed her up and we headed to the doctor's office early. By the time we got called back her fever was 103.2, and the nurse scolded me for not giving her any Motrin or Tylenol before we came!! My bad, my mind was stuck on rushing to the doctor! I felt like an idiot! Anyways, when the doctor came in and checked her ears I was shocked when he said it wasn't them. He also said that he didn't see any scaring from the previous infections, which is apparently very good! They drew blood and found out that it was a bacterial infection and gave us some antibiotics. He also gave us some eye drops since she has a watery eye. He said that we caught whatever this was early so we shouldn't see anymore symptoms. Thank goodness! Lilly fell asleep on the way home and has been sleeping since. I can tell she just doesn't feel good :(

No comments:

Post a Comment