So this week was focused on Lillian sleeping in her crib. Since she finally has her days and nights straight and she is starting to sleep longer at night we figured it was time to transition her from sleeping in her bouncy seat, or on John, to sleeping in her very own bed. So Wednesday I tried to put her down while she was drowsy but not asleep like the books tell you to. This did not work at all. She cried for 45 minutes. So I gave up and put her in the bouncy seat. Thursday night I put her down after she was already asleep and she slept for a few hours, but after she woke up and ate I tried to put her back down after she went back to sleep and she wouldn't stay asleep. Friday night I put her down after falling asleep at 10 and she stayed there until 3, then woke up to eat, went back to sleep, and stayed until 5. Last night I put her down at 10 and she stayed asleep until 5!! She wouldn't stay asleep in the crib so John put her in the bouncy seat at 7. She woke up at 8 to eat and then slept on me until 9:45. So what I'm saying is progress is being made and hopefully by the time I go back to work she will be sleeping in her bed the whole night and only waking maybe once to eat.
The other exciting thing that happened this week was that on Thursday she was playing on her mat on her belly. She got mad and started kicking her feet and pushing up a lot. Then she coordinated her left arm and left leg and pushed really hard and rolled right on over to her back! It was really exciting! She hasn't done it again, but I'm going to start putting her on her belly a lot more so she can try!
Yesterday we went to a baby shower for my friend Erin. Her and her hubby Lincoln are expecting a boy on Jan. 1, baby Phoenix. I took Lillian since there were going to be other kids there and she did great! She didn't cry much and spent most of the day looking around at everything. Everyone thought she was the cutest and sweetest little girl ever! I was very proud of her for doing so well.
Lastly, I'm putting up some pictures of her during bath time, one of her sleeping with her arms in the air, one just chilling on the couch, and some of her and John. In the ones of her on John she was pushing herself with her feet and trying to crawl up his chest. It was so cute!
No comments:
Post a Comment