Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Thank Heaven for Thumbs!


I know it has been a while since I posted, but I have been running around like crazy trying to get everything done for Christmas before I go back to work. I also still don't have a camera so I'm still uninspired to post. But alas, I will update.... As for our project to get Lillian in her crib, we have succeeded! She has slept in her crib every night since my last post and has slept at least 6 hours straight every night. She slept for 8 hours without waking once on Sunday night. That was a first. And right now she is still asleep and it is 8:20, she went to bed at 10:15. (Update: she slept until 9:30... 11 hours and 15 minutes!!!) I went in there earlier to check on her and she was sucking on her thumb! I never thought I would be excited to see that, but now she has figured out that she doesn't have to wake me up for me to give her a pacifier! She can just suck her thumb and go right back to sleep! Hopefully this long night sleeping will last and then we can move up her bedtime and give mommy and daddy some quiet time at night! Another project that is almost complete is her room! Everything is on the walls except some floating shelves and since I'm not sure where I even want them I'm not worried about them not being up.

Lillian is growing so much everyday. She is so cute and has the sweetest face! She is starting to talk and make conversation. Well, baby talk that is. She also laughs and smiles so much more than she ever has. Her changing table is her favorite place in the house. As soon as she is on there she smiles and laughs and talks. It is sooooooo cute! Makes me want to just keep her there all day! Last Sunday the pastor of our church came over to see her while she was in her car seat and she just put on a show. She smiled, laughed, talked, made cute faces, just really put it all out there. Precious! I can't wait for her to be like that all the time!

Here are a few pictures I took on John's mom's camera when I borrowed it to take family photos for our Christmas cards and some that Dani took when she was in town. Yes, we put Lillian in her stocking, it was really adorable, even if she didn't think so! I also put a picture of our stocking because I think they are super cute!








No comments:

Post a Comment