Okay, so I have been putting off posting because I feel uninspired to post without pictures. But since it may be a while before we get a new camera I'm going to go ahead and do an update.
Lillian had her first Thanksgiving and it was a great success! She was so good while I was cooking that morning, too bad the cooking didn't turn out quite so good! I made my first attempt at stuffing and failed miserably. I think it was the recipe though. Anyways, we went to John's parents house and ate with a small group. Only 8 of us were there, 10 with the 2 babies. Lillian was sweet the whole time and got lots of attention. Then we went to my aunt and uncle's house in Benton, where she got a lot more attention! We ended the night by stopping at Alicia's grandparent's house since it was on the way home. Lillian was exhausted by the end of the day and so were we! She took her bath and went to bed. Then something amazing happened.... She slept a full 8 hours!!! It was awesome!
Our current project is getting her to sleep in her crib instead of her bouncy seat. Night before last I got very frustrated because she would only stay asleep for 10 or so minutes in the crib before she would start screaming. I was about to cry thinking that we had totally messed up by allowing her to sleep in the bouncy seat for so long and thinking that she would never sleep in the crib, very dramatic I know. I tried everything to get her to sleep. I attached a mobile that vibrated the crib, I turned on the heartbeat on the giraffe, I gave her a pacifier, everything... so I finally gave up and put her in the bouncy seat where she slept for 7 hours. Yesterday we spent a lot of time in her room. I hung curtains and a quilt on the wall. I folded clothes. She sat in her swing and didn't cry. I wanted her to get used to being in there and I think that must have been what she needed. John put her down to sleep at 10:30 with no vibration, no heartbeat, no pacifier. She talked for a little bit but never cried and finally went to sleep on her own at about 10:45. She slept until 3 and then woke up. I gave her a pacifier and she went right back to sleep, then woke up at 3:15. I gave her a pacifier again and she slept until 4:15. John got up that time and gave her the pacifier and she slept til 5:15. This time I changed her diaper and feed her and she slept until 8! I had to get up a few times, but at least she stayed in her crib the whole night. I'm just going to take it one night at a time and hopefully she will be sleeping well in her crib by the time I go back to work in 2 weeks. She is napping right now in her crib!
My other project is getting her room completed by the time I go back to work. Like I said before, I hung her curtains and a quilt that a family friend made on the wall. (It is wayyyyy to beautiful to use!) Today I'm hoping to enlist Katie's help with hanging her letters or her quote. John is supposed to bring me a mirror hanging kit to hand a framed picture and then all that is left is 4 floating shelves. Her room will be the only completed room in the house! The only thing that we won't have for a while is a rug. I found a few, but they are so expensive that I want to wait until I am working again and Christmas is over to purchase one. We did get some new furniture for her room and our bedroom. We found a perfect chair and a half with an ottoman and a loveseat on craigslist. It was bought at the end of August and still had tags on it. We got a great deal! Her room is so big that the chair fits great. Plus we needed extra seating in there. We put the loveseat in our room and it looks a little big right now, but once we do our addition it will be perfect! I will take a picture of it once the room is done and I have a functional camera. For now I will just post these pictures from the website....


No comments:
Post a Comment