
Since I stayed up with Lillian all night on Friday night I asked John to stay with her last night since he didn't have to work today. I pumped 7.5 oz so he would have enough to feed her if she woke up and I was giddy at the thought of getting a full nights sleep. Well I apparently picked the worst night ever to have one person take the whole night shift. She was really fussy before I went to be at 10:30, but I thought she would calm down and pass out. Wrong. I woke up at 3 and she was screaming. John said that she wouldn't eat and that she had been crying since I went to bed, except for about 30 minutes. He tried her bouncy seat, her swing, her bassinet, the sling carrier, walking with her, bouncing with her, a pacifier, everything. She would stop crying for about 5 minutes and then start up again. So I fed her a little and she went to sleep. I put her down in her bouncy seat and went back to bed. Then I came back in there a few minutes later bc she had started crying again and I thought that maybe she didn't feel good. (John and I both have sore throats.) So I took her temp and it was normal. She acted hungry again so I fed her and rocked her until 4. I put her back down to sleep and she slept until 9. I'm sure she was exhausted! John came to bed at about 6 and couldn't sleep past 9. I told him that when I was at Ladies in Waiting that a lady told me that her daughter's child was very hard to get to sleep, but she bought a swing the goes side to side and that was the only thing he would sleep in for weeks. John said that I must purchase one of these tomorrow! So I looked at Target, Walmart, and Burlington and found the perfect item. It's a soothing center! It does everything a swing does, plus what her bouncy seat does. It even has removable pads that you can infuse with your scent so baby smells you when she is sleeping. It has the same seat design as the bouncy seat too and it looks super comfy. So I'm going to travel to Target to pick one of these babies up in just a few minutes! I hope they have one, the website says they have limited availability. I know it seems ridiculous to buy one, but when she won't stop crying for hours and hours I will try anything, no matter the cost!
No comments:
Post a Comment