
My intentions were to write a separate blog about all of the things that happened since Lillian was born, but the thought of that has become overwhelming and I'm going to resort to this... A comprehensive blog about those things that have happened until now! So here we go...
A few days after Lillian came home we noticed that she was getting a bit of a golden glow and she was so sleepy all the time. I called the doctor and they told me to bring her in the next day (Wednesday.) This was convenient as we already had an appointment for that day. So we brought her in and they drew blood from her heal and tested it. Sure enough, she had jaundice. They set up for a biliblanket to be delivered to the house and said to keep her on it as much as possible and to bring her in the next day. So we did. After laying on the blanket for nearly 24 hours her levels went down to a safe level. They said to keep her on it until Saturday and then bring her in that morning. So we did. And her levels went down low enough that they would continue to drop on their own. No more biliblanket!
That same Saturday Lillian had a few very special visitors, her Grandparents! My dad, my step-mom (Dixie), and my step-grandmother (Mammaw) came in town from Austin to meet their new grand baby! Dixie was telling her about all the fun stuff she would have on the farm. A pony and a 4-wheeler, and a dress up room, and so much more! It was sweet to see my dad with her too. He just thought she was the cutest thing ever! They only got to stay until the next day, but it was a good visit. I hope we can have more visits more often.
Sunday was Lillian's first bath. Yes, she was a week over a week old at this point, but like all new parents, we were scared to death to bathe her! Everything went great though and she loves bath time now.
Nothing really exciting happened until the next Saturday. Lillian had her first babysitters! Nana and Granddad (John's parents) came to stay so that John and I could go on a date. We went to eat at Olive Garden and then went to Bed Bath & Beyond. There was no reason for going to BBB except that we were out and didn't have Lillian and thought we should do more than just go eat. So we walked around and looked at sale stuff and played with demo things and just acted like kids really. The next Tuesday was our anniversary so Nana came to babysit again while we went to eat at Outback. We chose not to BBB after eating this time.
The next Thursday Lillian had her first outing. We went to Katie, Caleb, and Audrey's house. She and Audrey hung out a little and we took some cute pictures. The visit was short, but it was fun to get out of the house with her to go somewhere other than the doctor!
Lastly, the next day she went to the doctor again. She was having some problems swallowing her spit and doing this crazy grunting and holding her breath until she was red then crying thing. The doctor said that she probably has acid reflux so she put her on some medicine. When we got home Nana was there because we were expecting a package from UPS with some parts for our stove that hasn't worked since we moved in (don't even get John started on that story!) Anyways, we didn't want to miss the UPS guy so Nana came to wait for them. Since I had to get Lillian's prescription, Nana babysat while I went to Walmart. MY FIRST OUTING WITHOUT BABY!!! It was so weird to be doing something that was so normal up until September 18! I did some grocery shopping while I waited for the script to be filled. I was lost. I don't think I got all the things to make any one meal, but I was shopping and that was all that mattered. I also didn't want to take too long since Lillian depends on me to eat! I think it took about 45 minutes total and I was headed home.
I think that is pretty much everything that happened up until recently so now I can start doing just one post per event or two... when I have the time. (I have been working on this post for about 3 days!)
No comments:
Post a Comment